Join the crew at our Preston Hub Store on an e-bike ride to Ulverston, helping raise funds and awareness for the British Heart Foundation!
To celebrate British Heart Foundation’s 60th birthday, all of us at Leisure Lakes Bikes are pledging our support to raise over £25,000 within the next year.
Coinciding with our own 40th Anniversary, we want to celebrate with a national-wide fundraising campaign and a combined 100 Years Charity Raffle.
About the Event
Our staff at the Preston Hub store will be contributing to our overall goal with a Charity Bike Ride. Beginning in Preston and culminating at our newest store, Ulverston in the Lake District, the ride will cover a total trek of 75 miles.
Taking place on Sunday 4th September, our staff will be riding their own bikes and opening up the outing to the general public. You can take place by purchasing a ticket for a £10 donation to the British Heart Foundation, this will open up a spot for you to join the ride on your own bike or an Electric Road Bike provided by Specialized.
All of us at Leisure Lakes Bikes think this is a great way to get all our customers involved, no matter their experience or ability. Any further donations and support are greatly appreciated.
The ride itself will be approximately 75 miles, and thanks to the support of Specialized we’ll have multiple Specialized Turbo Creo Electric Road Bikes available for use by anyone who’d like to join us on this challenge!
When signing up all we ask is a £10 donation, all proceeds collected from this event will be directly donated to the British Heart Foundation by Leisure Lakes Bikes.
We have the following sizes available for use, when signing up please select which size you’d like to use!
60 Years of British Heart Foundation
- Since the BHF was established the annual number of deaths from heart and circulatory diseases in the UK has fallen by around a half.
- In the 1960s more than 7 out of 10 heart attacks in the UK were fatal. Today, at least 7 out of 10 people will survive.
- The BHF is the largest independent funder of heart and circulatory disease treatment in the UK.
- Heart and circulatory diseases cause around a quarter of all deaths in the UK, that’s more than 160,000 deaths each year – an average of 460 deaths each day or one every three minutes in the UK.
- There are around 7.6 million people living with a heart or circulatory disease in the UK: 4 million men and 3.6 million women.
Some of us are unfortunate enough to know someone who has suffered from a heart-related illness or even lost their life. Through fundraising, promoting a healthy lifestyle and raising awareness of the symptoms of heart-related illnesses; we can do our part to help the British Heart Foundation beat the heartbreak caused by these illnesses forever.